Hey All, hope you're doing well. I figured it's a good time for an update on how things are going. You can go to the flickr site by clicking on the picture in this post to see some more pictures of Belle that I uploaded today.
Janelle and I decided to go to formula due to all the problems we had with breastfeeding. It simply became too much of a drain and we were not enjoying the whole parenthood thing very much. Belle would not latch on, and eventually came to the point where she would sit there on the shield for a half hour and not transfer a half-ounce of milk. So after talking to our pediatrician we decided Belle actually would not be ingesting poison if we gave her formula and we made the switch. It's been a great thing so far. We both have more energy, I'm able to actually help with the feeding, and it's just all around better. We have fun with Belle like we definitely would not be if we were still struggling through the breastfeeding thing.
So yeah, it's been a lot of fun lately. If she has any sort of routine at night it's a midnight-ish bedtime, waking around 2 or 3, and then waking around 6. Last night she was up a little more than usual but things could be a lot worse in that department.
Last Saturday we took Belle to Crossroads for the first time, and today we took her out to P.F. Chang's (there's one in Fremont now) for lunch. We're trying to get a little more in the swing of regular life with things like exercise and friends and work and whatnot. It's coming a little slowly but it's coming nonetheless.
Belle's next Doctor's appointment is scheduled for December 7th, where she will apparently receive an array of injections sure to brighten her day.
Saturday, November 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
No, actually she does sorta look like Dave and his baby pictures. Right now her baby pics look more like Dave and I than Janelle but you can definitely see Janelle in there. And I certainly hope the resemblance to Dave and I withers away as she gets older.
One of the nurses at Kaiser said she thinks babies look like the dads at first so in the animal kingdom the females can say "She is yo baby!" so the male will take care of the baby. I don't know if there's any basis for that but it's kinda funny.
Post a Comment