Just a quick update from us. I know I never update this thing, but whatever. Things are going pretty well in Perdue-land, if a bit crazy (of course that's always how it goes). Belle keeps surprising and amazing us with how verbal she is. I don't think I could list all the words she knows - she picks them up very quickly and loves to talk. Lately she's been doing more along the lines of stringing sounds together to make sentences. Usually when she does that she ends up speaking gibberish - but she's definitely trying to communicate in more than one or two word bursts.
I've been teaching history at Washington High School since February and am pursuing a teaching credential. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there will be room for me here next year. I'm looking for another job for next year - it needs to be a teaching internship. With an internship I will teach in my own classroom for an entire year and that will satisfy my student teaching requirements for the credential program. This of course would be optimal since the other option is the indentured servitude of student teaching, where I do it for free. This makes our financial situation a little stressful since we have basically no clue what the income will be like come next year (and I'm having to file for unemployment for the summer).
My six month visit to the dentist was yesterday and I got more bad news. I have a potential root-canal on my rearmost molar on the bottom right side, and three cavities on teeth on the left side. I also need to have my bottom wisdom tooth on the right removed soon. I'm with Mitch Hedberg when it comes to teeth...why couldn't we just have one long curvy tooth? A big part of me just wants to not go back to the dentist because it's always bad news. But I know that can only last a certain amount of time and then it's more pain and more money.
Okay that's it for now. Hope all is well in your world.
No comments:
Post a Comment